sunnuntai 8. helmikuuta 2015

Bokeh or not to bokeh

When I first ran into the word bokeh in this blogpost a few weeks ago, I had to do a google search to find out what bokeh means. I found it quite fascinating that all of a sudden I started running into the word on several other posts too! I don't happen to have a circle stencil, but looking at an advertisement in the paper I realized that the baubles could also be hexagons. I decided to try the bokeh on the Stampotique Designers challenge (citrus colours) well aware that the card would also be fit for the SimonSaysStamp Wednesday challenge (All things bright and beautiful). Since I use hexagons, I ended up in a hurry to finish this of before the SimonSaysStamp Monday challenge (H is for...) ends!

I painted my background on canvas with acrylic paints. Actually I have noticed that my paintings never end up as nice as I would like, so this time I just squirted blobs of yellow paint around the A4 canvas sheet, dabbed my brush in red and started spreading the yellow around: really cool! I added some green on one edge, so my citrus colours are lime, lemon and orange. I stamped the Penny Black "Soft Whisper" image using black acrylic paint and started dabbing gesso through my TCW mini hexagons stencil. When I thought I had enough coverage, I added glitter with a clear Wink of Stella pen, sewed the background on a card base and glued on a bunch of sequins. Looking at the result, I regretted not mixing a grey for stamping the tree: there were places without gesso, and they were too black. I added some white with a Sharpie and smudged it with my fingers, but the sequins were already adhered, so I couldn't get any underneath them. I love the hazy, glittery look of this card, even though it is difficult to catch in pictures!


7 kommenttia:

  1. This is beautiful! I love your painted background, stencilled hexagons, and your stamped tree. The sequins are the perfect finishing touch.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Such a great take on the "H" challenge! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    VastaaPoista
  3. Such a gorgeous creation, love the colours that you have chosen, thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this time, hugs Pops x

    VastaaPoista
  4. The background is amazing, I shall have to look into this myself! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique this week.

    VastaaPoista
  5. This is really lovely, although you've used bright colours the background still has a gentle feel to it. Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge at Stampotique. Sue xx

    VastaaPoista
  6. Gorgeous card Kristiina! The bokeh effect is so pretty and I love the vibrant colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    VastaaPoista
  7. Beautiful canvas, love the drops of water. Beautiful!! Thanks for joining us over at Stampotique's Challenge

    VastaaPoista