torstai 30. huhtikuuta 2015

Dreams

A last take on the Rubberdance colour challenge... took me this long to realize that the middle colour was grey, not violet! Sometimes these screens just turn the colours around. I am also posting this card for the SimonSaysStamp challenges Monday and Wednesday (Anything goes on both of them).


The threefold silver card base with a window is from a pack of card blanks I grabbed with me from Lidl last December. Actually also the A4 canvas pad I have is from Lidl, amazing things to be found in a super cheap food store! I painted the canvas ages ago, just squirted some red and white straight on it and blended them around. I realized that I've used almost all the image stamps that came with the grab bag I won from the Rubberdance February challenge except this dragonfly. It is a large one, but I decided to try it out on shrink plastic and colour it with blue to fit the challenge colours. After shrinking I covered the pieces with Glossy Accents. Love the shrinked detail!


I regret not having silver embossing powder, but I stamped my sentiment onto tissue paper with silver and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Actually I taped the piece onto ordinary copy paper and heated it from below, because the tissue paper is flammable. This was adhered to the canvas with Glue'nSeal.... in some light it shows well, and from some directions it is illegible -as said silver embossing powder would have been better, and if it was stamped straight on the canvas, part of the letters would probably not have shown at all.

4 kommenttia:

  1. Hi Kristiina! I really like how your shrink plastic dragonflies turned out and the silver sentiment also turned out really great. Thank you so much for entering our April challenge once more. Hope to see you again now that our May challenge is out :-)

    VastaaPoista
  2. I am a dragonfly fan! Love your card. Thank you for joining us over at Rubber Dance! Susanne xx.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Beautiful! That shrink plastic detail adds a lot of interest!

    VastaaPoista
  4. Gorgeous card Kristiina! It's so elegant and the colours are so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    VastaaPoista