maanantai 27. heinäkuuta 2015

A Jar full of sunshine

The Art Journey July challenge is "at least 50% white". I've had this idea of a butterfly in a jar for some time, and since the Craft Barn happens to be asking for CAS this week, now was the time to get this done! 

I stamped the mason jar through the window of a card base from my destash pile. This way it was easy to place in the middle. I cleaned my stamp by taking a second imprint on scrap paper, because I wanted a mask. I stamped the butterfly in the jar and added touches of colour with colour pencils. I cut out the mask, wanting to use the hole to protect the cardbase around the jar, dabbed the jar with Versamark and triple embossed with clear embossing powder. It made that part of the card base curve strongly backward creating an interesting 3d effect! 





The used stamps are from Art Journey (nl). The jars came with the sentiment "A jar full of sunshine"... I decided to use it on the envelope. I'm feeling a bit sorry for the butterfly, but I'm sure someone will open the jar and let her out now that the pictures are taken :)


3 kommenttia:

  1. I love how the clear embossing finishes it off xx

    VastaaPoista
  2. Wow, this is so beautiful! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    VastaaPoista