keskiviikko 25. toukokuuta 2016

Enjoy the detours

The third page in my art journal this year... hopefully summertime will give me a bit more time for this, but luckily there are challenges that make me squeeze the time. Besides, this was a quick one :) I'm posting for Art Journal Journey (Journeys) and the Paperartsy challenge (Doodles and scribbles). These were a lovely pair to combine!


I started by stamping my brand new Paperartsy stamps on the spread with the idea of filling them with doodles, a bit like Debs Wainwright on the first theme post on the Paperartsy blog. But after doodling a bit on the womans collar I started seeing all sorts of lines and patterns in the images that called to be stretched and continued, so of I went on a detour. The stamps are from the "Everything Art" series, I found them in a dutch webshop. Here are some photos of how the stamped images grew together.




My original plan was to fill the whole page and add colour too, but I ended up being happy with the white space. At least this is completely different from my usual textured and inky/painty pages :) I started with clean neat lines, and they turned grungier as the page grew. I especially enjoyed the narrow vertical lines, they will certainly be revisited!  Here are some closeups.









10 kommenttia:

  1. I love this. I just ordered the stamp set with the hand and the moth, now I can't wait to get them. I love how you kept this simple; it makes it very sophisticated. Thanks for joining us. :) Erika

    VastaaPoista
  2. Love this journal spread, very well thought out and very effective - great stamps, too! Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey, hugs, Valerie

    VastaaPoista
  3. Really cool page! I love the doodles and how they connect the stamps!

    VastaaPoista
  4. Wow that is fantastic - a super spread!Thank you for joining us at Art Journal Journey!
    oxo Susi

    VastaaPoista
  5. This pages another stunning, great idea that jointed the two images. Fabulous doodling. xx

    VastaaPoista
  6. Brilliant stamps and your doodling takes them to new heights.
    Fabulous pages you created.
    Greetings from AJJ

    VastaaPoista
  7. Kristina this is just mesmerizingly beautiful!!! What a wonderful journal spread!
    Hugs,
    Michelle ♥

    VastaaPoista
  8. Fantastic, Kristiina! What a great idea. I think it looks really nice with the white areas you left open. Elegant, cool and stunning spread!

    VastaaPoista
  9. Wow flot journalside Kristiina, det ser rigtig godt ud med din doodling og det passer perfekt til dine stempler.
    Hugs Susan

    VastaaPoista